Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oprah Round 3

My husband and I attended the last taping (for 2008) of the Oprah show today with Suze Orman. We also found out that Oprah officially canceled her famous "Oprah's Favorite Things" show for 2008. Instead, they filmed a show about how to save money for the holidays. (it airs next week and the Suze Orman show airs in January) Oprah said that the audience kept on asking if they were going to get free stuff - instead they got free ideas.

Suze was wonderful and I was on the edge of my seat waiting to ask my financial question. (which was: What should teachers invest in for retirement? Roth IRA? 403b? Money markets?)

At the end of the "After Show" taping, Oprah pointed to me and said,"You over there, you have had your hand up for awhile"... and then there wasn't enough time! (because some stupid girl asked a question about money and compared investing in the stock market to dieting) I didn't care! I got in the car and screamed, "Oprah looked at me! She saw me and pointed at me." And that was better than getting free kitchen appliances and a big tax bill.

No comments: