I never thought I would EVER have wallpaper in our condo, but I am trying something new. After watching 9 by Design on Bravo, I have been inspired to just go for it. What is the worst that will happen?
Thursday, June 3, 2010
1. I finally got around to hanging up the giant pear with 3M tape. I figure if/when I get sick of it, I can just quickly take it down without damaging the wall.
2. I also started painting a (free) mirror to hang above the fireplace. I was originally going to go with shiny black, but thought it might be too much black with the TV and fireplace. Since we had left over Benjamin Moore Decorator's White in semi-gloss (our trim color), I figured I would use it. (and making the entire project cost about $5.00 and that was for the paint brush)
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
For some reason, I am not that excited to see the new SATC movie coming out this week. My husband even asked me out on a date and offered to go see the movie with me. (so sweet) Maybe it is because I have other things on my mind (like a growing baby in my belly and putting together a nursery) or maybe it is because I don't like that the previews make it look like Carrie cheats on Big. I am, however, excited to see the fashion and set design. Like the cute cupcake apron worn in the picture above and available at anthropologie.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
As I was checking out Celebrity Baby Scoop, I came across this picture (see below) of Kelly Ripa with her son in NYC. If you look closer, you will notice a purse like vest. So, I googled it. It is made by Alexander Wang and can be worn as a backpack or vest. I am having a love/hate relationship with it.
According to the book Baby Bargains, I should get 2 diaper bags. A smaller one for running quick errands, and a larger one for longer activities.
The Skip Hop Duo would be a perfect size to keep attached to the stroller for short activities around the city. And it is more unisex than other diaper bags.
The L.L.bean boat tote would be good for traveling/toys/beach.
I already have this diaper bag (see my post here) and plan on using it as the main diaper bag.
My sister-in-law has this one by Vera Bradley and it is huge!
I think it would be perfect to pack clothing for a weekend.
I really like the Storksak, but it is expensive and I would rather put the money towards a 529 college plan.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Remember my favorite summer shoes from last year? I almost bought these in December because they were 75% off, but they were super high and I didn't think I could ever walk a block in them.
This new version is lower and looks much more wearable.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
I just ordered this pumpkin costume today. Since my baby will still be super tiny at Halloween, I thought being a pumpkin would be perfect. And Henry also has a pumpkin costume too. Is it weird to have your baby and dog match? I think I am turning into my mom. (in a good way) One year for Christmas my sister, brother, and I even had matching outfits with our Cabbage Patch kids. It was very cool to me at the time.
Friday, May 14, 2010
- clean and paint a mirror to hang above the fireplace (I will post pictures this weekend)
- hang a vintage German Lasalle Street sign (this was the street of our first home/condo)
- finish installing pulls on kitchen cabinets
- caulk guest bathroom sink (Pro Caulk makes it very easy)
- go to the farmer's market at Division and Clark (And FYI, my favorite baker at the market also opened up a bakery in Wicker Park called BAKE, I highly recommend the blueberry muffin and chocolate cream cheese coconut cupcake)
- put together a photo arrangement in the foyer
- finish putting away winter shoes/boots and switching to spring/summer shoes
I feel like the process of moving in is never ending... And I want all of the major stuff done before the baby arrives. Well actually, I want it all done a month before the baby is due.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
While checking Sam's Club for baby items today, I came across this perfect size for a balcony garden for $59.95. And then I did a google search for "upside down patio garden" and found one at Walmart for $25.00. Can you tell which one is cheaper?
(the bottom picture is from Sam's Club)