Friday, December 19, 2008

Hub 51

On the way to see A Christmas Carol at the Goodman Theatre, my husband and I ate dinner at Hub 51. This is located in River North right next to the adult book store. Yes, that is right, the adult book store. This area of the city has some of the newest restaurants in the downtown area, but some of the "local flavor" of the neighborhood remains. The first thing I noticed when I walked through the door was the noise level. I really didn't know what to expect, but I was not expecting loud and crowded with young business men and women. (this is definitely not a place for a quiet dinner - at least on a Thursday night) If you are looking for a place to eat/drink with colleagues or friends this is the perfect place. I was surprised by the witty menu ranging from sushi, guacamole, burgers, fish tacos, and mahi mahi. (read the small print on the menu) The service was perfect and the food was delicious. (the only negative thing was that the bathroom was hard to find) Where else can you order miso-glazed salmon rolls and guacamole for an appetizer? We will be going back soon!

No comments: