Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Supply vs. demand










In college, I enjoyed my EC classes a little too much and I decided to get a minor in economics. When my jcrew catalog arrived with a 25% off your purchase coupon and a $25.00 off your purchase coupon, I was quickly reminded of the laws of supply and demand.
(If jcrew and Bloomingdales are offering coupons then times must be bad for retailers)
On my way to try on winter boots last night, I stopped by jcrew (with my coupons) and realized that the coupons could be used on sale merchandise too. (I really had no intention to buy anything, but I can't say no to a good bargain)

Here is a breakdown of the ample supply of clothing/shoes I found at 900 N Michigan Ave:
Winter coats are 40% off
Shoes and clearance are an addition 30% off
All sweaters are 20% off
(keep in mind you can use the 25% off coupon in addition)

I ended up with a pair of silver jelly flats for $4.61, 2 pairs of socks, 2 silk shirts, the silk dress above for $27.00 (normally $350.00), and a beautiful sweater with animal print collar for $65.00 (normally $298.00). I can't wait for the after Christmas sales!






No comments: