Sunday, February 8, 2009

If I were a little younger...

maybe I would wear this outfit from rubgy RL. I don't have a problem with being 29, but there are certain things I won't wear. (like really short skirts other than going to the beach) And as a I think about it, I didn't wear it when I was younger because I am slightly conservative when it comes to dressing. The other day, I went into Urban Outfitters and for about 2 seconds felt like maybe I was too old to shop there... until I saw a woman older than my mother shopping for herself. This was a weird experience for me because I don't normally think about getting older in bad way. I also don't want to be an old lady saying, "If I were a little younger, I would have ..."
This is the reason I want to go to law school, run another marathon (on the Great Wall of China), start playing tennis (again) and the piano (again). (maybe I will wear a short skirt - just because I can) I don't want to be 83 and think back, "I wish I would have done ..."
(and I know I will think this if I don't try)
As 30 approaches in August, I will continue to smother myself in SPF 50 and shop at Urban Outfitters and Forever 21.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me on this one. You do NOT want to go to law school.

Anonymous said...

And just what's wrong with being older than your mother?
Love,
Mom