Monday, July 27, 2009

Birenzweig dress/update on the sidewalk sale/review of Koros


I am turning 30 in a month, so I bought myself this sexy little number to wear for my birthday. I might add these shoes... if the price goes down soon. (I am hoping for 80% off) I found the dress at Koros during the West Loop sidewalk sale last weekend. It was my first visit to the store and I didn't know what to expect. When I first walked in, I thought it was an art gallery. (see pics here) Yellow chairs, huge crystal chandelier, cow hide rug.
The owner/model/stylist (all the same woman named Kristin) was very kind, helpful, and honest while I tried on various dresses/tops/skirts. She asked me about clothing that I already owned and tried to help me find things that were different from what I already own. (this is a good thing because I seem to stick to the same look over and over again - she helped me see beyond what I normally wear and found pieces that were unique and flattering for me) The customer service was the best I have ever had at a small boutique. For example, she told me to buy a cheaper dress/tunic over a more expensive dress because it could transition into the fall. The entire store was marked 40%, 50%, and 60%, which made clothing that is normally out of my price range in my price range. And the clothing is amazing.....like art: unique, trendy but not over the top, classic with a twist, and funky all at the same time.







No comments: