Thursday, October 22, 2009

future home, part 2


Now that it is looking like my future home is going to have a fireplace (which was not on my "must have" list), I need to start looking for inspiration. I found this pic during my search of townhouses. I am wondering if the top to my Grandma Nell's pump organ (this one is similar) could be painted black... (but, I don't think it would be be enough)


Here is my "must have" list:
  • allow dogs :)
  • 2 full bathrooms
  • big open living / dining room
  • low assessments (we have seen some places on Lakeshore Drive with a $1200.00 per month assessment!)
  • at least 2 BIG bedrooms (must fit king size beds)
  • be walking distance to Lake Michigan
  • have a high walk score (try this out)
  • laundry in the unit
  • covered parking in the building
  • patio/deck
  • no stairs (if they are in the unit, that is okay, but we have seen a few beautiful places that are up 3 flights of stairs)






1 comment:

Amanda said...

Super jealous of your soon to be home, as your list pretty much matches mine! I hope to be in Chicago someday so you'll have to hook me up with the tips since I've never lived there!