Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas Decorations

This weekend I decided to put up our skinny Christmas tree - I know this is very early, but I don't want the box sitting out in our condo when people come to look through it. (our condo is for sale and I store big things like a Christmas tree at my in-laws house in the suburbs) I also decided to take a trip to Target on Saturday morning to look for holiday decorations and Christmas gifts. (and I stopped by cb2 on the way)

I bought 2 of the small silver trees and put this snowman in the middle
(if you bring 5 non-perishable food items until the end of November - you can save 15% off your purchase at cb2)








Santa boots - these are actually bigger than they appear and I put them under our Christmas Tree (eventually I want to put them in an entryway by this bench at Crate and Barrel)


I have 2 of these stars sitting on each side of the advent calendar below. I really like the bigger version of this star, but I don't have space for it. My solution is to wait for it to go on clearance, purchase it, and then store it for later use.
(PS: this star will also appear on a shelf in a decorating episode of Oprah with Nate Berkus)

After a long search, I found this advent calendar that I plan to fill with messages, candy, gift certificates, and treats for my husband and dog.
(I am thinking of painting it white or red or waiting until next year)


No comments: