You heard it here first! During the afternoon taping of Oprah, Jennifer Aniston finally admitted that she is currently dating John Mayer. (that was the only detail she gave about their relationship) Jennifer also opened up to talking about Angelina's comments about falling in love with Brad during the filming of Mr. and Mrs. Smith. And how all of this seems to have happened "a 100 years ago." (this episode airs tomorrow and by the way, Jennifer is BEAUTIFUL in person - wearing a black tank top and dark long jeans!) We also saw an outstanding performance by Beyonce and her all girl band. Did you notice that I said the afternoon show? Well, we attended the morning show with Nate Berkus redoing a basement. As we were leaving, the audience coordinator asked if anyone wanted to be on stand by for the next show. My husband and I were the last 2 let into the audience!
What I found surprising about my experience:
1. Free coat check
2. All of the staff and friendly and accommodating (bringing water, cough drops, and Kleenex if needed)
3. You don't have to wait outside at all
4. You can bring in food/drink into the audience holding area
5. The audience is not told when to clap or laugh - the staff tells you to have fun and act naturally
6. Oprah talks to the audience during commercial breaks
7. Oprah walks out barefoot (holding her shoes) She puts her shoes on only when she sits down
8. Oprah told us that she had on a white bra under her navy blue top
9. Oprah and Nate both love RL restaurant in Chicago
10. She put her dog to sleep 2 weeks ago :(We ended the day by visiting the Oprah store and picking up this ornament to add to my Christmas tree. The store also has a section called "Oprah's Closet" full of her actual shoes and clothing. I saw a Gucci mustard sweater vest for $295.00 and black Manolo Blahnik heels size 10 1/2 for $200.00. If you are looking for used/designer/Oprah worn clothing, this would be your spot.